During COVID-19, Virtual Reality (VR) might be one of the best solutions to generate virtual programs in several sectors, such as education, retail, mechanical, tourism, and mining sectors. In this case, VR technology can be quite useful and effective to reduce the face to face interaction without the concern of being infected with COVID-19.
Based on the article from CNBC, a PwC predicted that nearly 23.5 million jobs worldwide would be using Virtual Reality by 2030 for training, work meetings or to provide better customer services. The interesting part is Virtual Reality used within businesses is forecasted to grow from $829 million in 2018 to $4.26 billion in 2023, according to ARtillery Intelligence.
But, most people don’t really understand about Virtual Reality and its applications nowadays. So, we define several pieces of information about Virtual Reality.
WHAT IS VIRTUAL REALITY (VR)?
Virtual Reality (VR) is a simulated experience that can be similar from the real world. VR also enables users to interact within an artificial three-dimensional environment and experience an artificial environment without the need for leaving their current location using special electronic devices.
VIRTUAL REALITY (VR) DEVICES
Nowadays, there are a lot of Virtual Reality (VR) devices in the marketplace with two categories: tethered and standalone. Tethered VR device requires a PC/Laptop for its computing with more graphical detail, while Standalone VR device is more comfortable and it’s totally portable without having to lug around a PC/Laptop.
In ARUTALA, we use Oculus Quest and it’s the first standalone VR device to allow full romm-scale movement (with 360 degree of freedom). We have some reasons why we use this device:
- It’s portable!
- Supported hand tracking and multiplayer features.
- Cheaper than the other HMD (Head Mounted Display).
- It can be developed by any computer/laptop.
- Built-in audio with good quality sounds.
- Easy to operate without the needs of an external tracker.
THE ADVANTAGES OF VIRTUAL REALITY (VR)
COVID-19 pandemic also helps Virtual Reality (VR) technology to demonstrate the ability to transform and drive results in learning and training programs, and switching traditional courses to virtual courses. So what are the advantages of VR technology?
- Higher engagement rate, it helps users learn skills more quickly.
- Safer high risk situations, reduce workplace accidents.
- Reduce training and travel expenses.
- Higher retention rates, hard to forget what they have learned during the training program.
- Experiential learning, VR enables users to learn through virtual practical experience as same as traditional practical experience (face-to-face training).
- Offers a variety of learning styles with customized design and ambience.
On the other side, VR technology also offers virtual shopping experience solutions for the retail industry because many people are not shopping offline due to isolation and quarantine during COVID-19 pandemic.
With VR technology, companies can provide a new buying experience for potential customers and allow customers to choose and buy the product virtually with 3D technology to make the virtual shopping experience more realistic. Here are few advantages in retail Industry, such as:
- Provide an interactive experience through VR devices, companies can simulate an immersive environment through 3D models.
- Maximize the marketing process by shifting offline shopping experience to virtual shopping experience due to isolation and quarantine by COVID-19 pandemic and reduce the face to face interaction
- No need to carry all the products/samples, simply use the VR device to show all the catalogs list to the customers.
- Improve customer satisfaction.
THE APPLICATION OF VIRTUAL REALITY (VR)
Virtual Reality (VR) technology can be applied for several sectors/industries, here is a list of the many applications of VR and virtually in:
As you can see, the impact of COVID-19 pandemic is already affecting business in every sector. We are really sure that Virtual Reality (VR) may be useful and effective to help your business keep on the track and we (ARUTALA) are going to help you to solve the fundamental challenge during these hard times and give new experiences to your customers or employees. Find out more on our website! (S. Bagus Yudananto Nugroho – News)